Wednesday, April 9, 2008

flashback: If You Plant It, They Will Come

August 31, 2007
About one week after I started letterboxing, I took a road trip out west. I had two weeks to travel to Albuquerque, New Mexico and back. I was going to be driving the entire time...since we were taking my car...and it's a stick shift...and my traveling buddy doesn't know how to drive one. So, since I have to drive the entire two weeks, I decided that I also have the last say in where we go. This means that I will be letterboxing on this trip...something my travel buddy (John) could care less about. John went on some hunts with me, and for others....well, he stayed in the car until I was finished.


This particular stop was one we both wanted to do...and actually had planned on doing even before I knew there was a letterbox there. If you build it, they will come...so true. How many of you saw the 1989 movie Field of Dreams? John and I visited the place where that movie was filmed. Yep, really. It's in Dyersville, Iowa, back some country roads. It was awesome! The house...just like in the movie. The ball field...just like in the movie. The corn field...just like in the movie...except, the old time players were not stepping out onto the ball diamond. You can however, play on the ball diamond as much as you like...just bring your own ball, bat and glove. We didn't have any, but John did run the bases! I took pictures while he ran, and I also found the letterbox that was there (if you plant it, they will come!) At lot of boxers had visited this spot. :)


The Field of Dreams Movie Site is open April through November, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free admission. Souvenirs are available. Please visit their website, at
http://www.fieldofdreamsmoviesite.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a VERY cool box! I'm jealous!