Sunday, April 13, 2008

Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law states that if something can go wrong, it will. This applies to me. The first weekend of spring, that actually feels like spring, and I'm in bed. Somehow, I end up with pneumonia. What are the chances?

I started feeling ill on Thursday. I had a fever on Friday, and was in bed all day. Saturday...not much better. Still had a fever on Sunday. Monday I was delirious...still with fever, barely awake. Tuesday I finally go to see the family doctor.

I get two shots, one on each side of my "hip," and I am put on three different medications. One of those medications is making me constantly sick to my stomach and very jittery...after a few days I have to stop taking it. But I still have plenty of days ahead to still be on the other meds. Did you know it can take two weeks to recover from pneumonia? My body feels like it's been hit by a truck and my lungs cannot expand all the way with out pain...not good when yawning. I do not have a long attention span, and just want to sleep most of the time.

So I miss the wonderful weekend to go out boxing. I was part of a few LTC (letterboxer trading cards) swaps...I had to drop out of those. There is an event I'll be missing. And most importantly, and ironically not letterboxing related...I was suppose to interview for a new job this past week. This pneumonia has really messed me up in more ways than one.

It has been 6 days that I've been on medication...10 days that I've been sick and stuck in the house. And I'm just now starting to feel better. Better means that I'm not constantly sick to my stomach...if I eat mashed potatoes and jello. It means my appetite is back, some what...I crave mashed potatoes and jello. It means I'm not sleeping 20 hours out of the day...more like only 15 hours. It means I'm going to have to start doing some things around the house again....like cleaning the cats' litter box. Hmmm. Do I really want to be getting better? The weather is getting cold again, I may not be able to go letterboxing...I may have to just crawl back in bed and think about this.

No comments: